The objective of this project is to reduce instances of cancer by creating cancer awareness and reduce cancer related mortality by screening for Breast, Cervical and Oral cancer and funding diagnosis and initial treatment for beneficiaries identified from the camp with focus on the poor and needy.
The project will be executed in Karnataka, mainly in districts listed below.
• Bangalore Urban, Mysore, Chamrajnagar, Ramanagara and Chikkaballapur
• Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Uttara Kannada
• Kalaburgi, Raichur, Yadgir, Ballari, Hubli and Bidar
Scope of the project includes:
• Conduct pre-screening surveys to identify high risk cases for cancer screening
• Conduct Cancer Screening
• Support follow-up diagnostics for probable cancer cases identified at the screening camps
• Support initial treatment for confirmed cancer cases identified at the screening camps
• Maintain three doctors and seven Medical Social Workers / Nurse / Counsellor
• Create cancer awareness at the screening camps.