"To be the Beacon of Hope against cancer!"
- To create awareness that Cancer is preventable and curable
- To facilitate early detection of cancer
- To offer emotional support and medical aid to cancer patients
- To establish and encourage cancer survivorship programmes
- To reintegrate cancer survivors back into society
- To facilitate advocacy and research against cancer
Indian Cancer Society (ICS) was founded in 1951 by Dr. DJ Jussawalla and Mr. Naval Tata as India's first voluntary, non-profit, National Organization for Awareness, Detection, Cure and Survivorship of those affected with Cancer. In 1986, the Bengaluru office of Indian Cancer Society was started by Mr. Kishore Rao.
Indian Cancer Society, Bengaluru operates through a community of volunteers and is working towards bringing down the cancer incidence and mortality rates in the region through increased awareness levels, early detection and early intervention. It also provides emotional support to cancer patients and care givers.